Sunday, May 19, 2013

Trash to Treasure for the Garden

This weekend was more low key for me.  Mother Nature decided to rain Saturday so I wasn't able to do as much outside as I had hoped.  Today has been a very muggy Sunday!  I started digging in the dirt but decided it was just too humid to make much progress.  I had done a little treasure hunting Saturday at Goodwill and got an old chair from the trash Friday.  Time to be crafty.

Our charming little town has a free music series called Fridays by the Fountain.  A few friends and I went to it on Friday and listened to Angela Easterling perform.  Check her out, sort of folk/country artist.  We enjoyed it.  While we were there I noticed someone had put a broken old chair by the dumpster.  As I was investigating and checking it out, the lady who placed it there told me if I wanted it I could put by her store until the music was over.  Score!  I told her I thought it could make a pretty planter and Thanks!
Some old white spray paint and a plant from the clearance rack at Lowes was all I needed to give this sad chair a happy home in my garden.  I love it!


From Goodwill, I found a cup&saucer I planned to make a birdfeeder out of and a brass candelabra I thought I could use for a lightpost.

The birdfeeder $1.50 is super easy to make.  Simply epoxy the cup to the saucer, attach a way to hang it, and add birdseed.  I made one for my sister-in-law too.  She and my brother are huge coffee drinkers so it should work perfectly for them.

The lightpost was about $11 total.  I had black spray paint and glue/epoxy on hand.  Candelabra $3 at goodwill, Solar lights $2 each at Big Lots.  The post is from the tiki torch post that broke last year that used to be attached to the pool deck.  I think it's a darn good light post for $11!  Works for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment