Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fabulously Frugal Kitchen Cabinet Makeover - Less than $25

Not everyone could live in my house, that's no secret to me.  It's colorful and different, like me.   Why be boring and predictable?    

With all the other projects I have undertaken within the past month or so to give my humble little home a facelift, I don't have the energy to take down the kitchen cabinets and resurface them.  That's also a big task and now that the pool is open I plan to soak up some sun on my weekends for a while. At some point I will take them down and re-do them. Not that I won't still be doing my DIY Diva projects, but I will allocate time for fun as well.

Here is my solution to brighten up the kitchen cabinets.  Laura Ashley contact paper!  I picked up four rolls from Amazon for less than $25.  I had an extra roll left over and passed that on to my sister-in-law to release her DIY Diva as well.   If you recall, I had already made the cracked glass pulls a week or so ago.  Another great thing about contact/shelving paper is it's not permanent.  If I change my mind I can simply peel it off and go back to the original cabinets!

Here is the result!
Cracked Glass Door Pull

1 comment: