Thursday, May 16, 2013

Half-Baked Ideas - Bubble/Cracked Glass Cabinet-Drawer Pulls for $1!

Hardware for cabinets and drawers can get really pricey!  I saw some bubble pulls on Amazon for $80 for 12.  That's over $6 each!  I have 25 cabinets/drawers in my kitchen!  You know I wasn't about to pay over $160 for my cabinets to get a little hardware.  That's probably why I never bothered to put pulls on after all the years I've lived here.  It's a new year, and apparently, I've become a domestic goddess the past month.   Needless to say, with my newfound love of DIY I decided to make my own.  They may not be perfect, but I doubt anyone will be inspecting them with much scrutiny.  If anyone comes over to visit and doesn't like them, I'll just serve them wine until their beer goggles tell them they are beautiful.  

My bubble pulls $1.00 for about 27 pulls.   Here's the comparison photo to the one I saw online.
Supplies
Dollar Tree Glass Stones $1.00
Epoxy
Flathead Screws


  1. Bake the glass stones then drop them all into a sink of ice water.  They will crackle.  A couple may break but most will only crackle.  
  2. Epoxy the flathead screw to the flat side of the stone.
  3. Let dry.
  4. Use a regular screw to initially make hole into cabinet/drawer.
  5. Replace plain ugly screw with bedazzled pull.


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much. I will be doing this for my new cabinets. I've been looking for a cool idea for so long.

    ReplyDelete