Saturday, May 25, 2013

Brown Bagging It Taken to a Whole New Level

Sometimes things are so ugly you must put a bag over your head to endure it.  This is the point I was with my bathroom.  After many years of makeup, haircolor, and cat litter being dripped or spilled onto white linoleum, it had definitely seen better days.  

At lunch one day a week or so ago I was telling friends I plan to rip up the nasty carpet in my bedroom and stain the concrete.  Fran asked if I had seen the brown paper bag floors.  "Huh?"  Oh, snap!  Something else for me to investigate.  There are a lot of tutorials out there for brown bagging your floors, so I'll just link to the one I used.  I think they turned out pretty good.  Better than the stained linoleum that was there for sure.  Here's some instructions if you're brave enough to try it. http://www.recyclart.org/2012/07/paperbag-floors/

While I like the floors, I thought they needed a little something extra.  I'm not a beige type of person.  I don't know if I even own anything beige.  I stenciled a bit on mine.  I think if I do the main bathroom floor I will buy some stain and stain them vs the brown.  Still, not bad for the first try.




No comments:

Post a Comment