Thursday, July 17, 2014

Old Windows become New Photo Display!

I have an open floor plan and I've always thought there was too much empty space on one wall.  How to fill the void?  Buy a pair of 100 year old windows, paint them and add some of your own photography.  First, I purchased the windows for $20.  Bought a sample jar of Valspar gray paint and got to work.  I sanded as much of the old paint off as I could.  I'm sure lead paint was probably used and some of it will not come off of the panes but I seriously doubt anyone is going to be up there licking on them.  So, a little lead paint will have to be alright!

I decided to use some photos I have taken over the past couple of years.  Photography is another hobby of mine.  If I'm not being a dimestore DIY diva, there's a good possibility I'm taking pictures or hiking somewhere.   I used a few fun photos and a few from vacations we've taken.

Loving the outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment